- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Large egg, free range or organic
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp Bicarb soda
- 2 cups Freedom Foods Barley+ Maple & Nut Muesli
- 1 cup Wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup prefer milk type
- 80g Dark chocolate, chopped into chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor blend the extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup and egg.
- Add the mixed spice, vanilla bean paste, bicarb soda, 1 cup of barley & oats porridge, the flour and the milk. Process for 30 seconds or so to combine.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir through the second cup of Barley+ muesli and the dark chocolate chips. If the mixture is too thick add a splash more of milk.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, spoon portions of the cookie mixture onto the prepared tray and flatten slightly to form a rough cookie shape. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the tray. Once cooled the cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
You can purchase your Barley+ products here: bit.ly/BarleyPlusMuesli