With lime, chili powder and cumin, this dish has all the zesty flavors of Mexican street corn.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 corn cobs, husked
- 1 1/2 cups Barley+ Pink Lady Apple and Macadamia Muesli, toasted and divided
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each chili powder and ground cumin
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Grill corn for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly charred in spots. Let cool slightly.
- Slice kernels from corn cobs; set aside. In food processor, pulse 3/4 cup muesli until lightly crushed; set aside.
- Heat large skillet set over medium heat; cook bacon for 5 to 7 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
- Remove all but 2 tbsp fat from skillet; cook corn kernels, half of the green onions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, lime zest, salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Stir in crushed muesli, bacon and lime juice; cook for 1 minute. Transfer to serving platter and top with dollops of sour cream. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, cilantro, and remaining muesli and green onions over top.
Tip: To toast muesli, spread on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake in 350˚F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
You can purchase your Barley+ products here: bit.ly/BarleyPlusMuesli